The 2-day auction affair kicked off on 27th January, 2018. It has been a pretty interesting exercise given some surprises and clear trends emerging out of the process.
How are the teams emerging out to be ?
Foreign players have been coloured in yellow. A quick reveals that barring SRH, DD & RCB. Others have quite a lot of work to do with needing several purchases to meet the minimum squad requirements and also fill in gaps in several functional areas.
How does each team’s report read like ?
- SRH : Balanced team with strong bowling and decent batting attributes throughout lineup.
- KKR : Batting disappears post 5th place, banking heavily on top-order. Strong Bowling.
- KXIP : Bats really deep and has two world-class spinners. No pace bowling presence.
- MI : India heavy squad with deep batting. Has no spinners currently.
- RR : Have done fairly well with good mix of players. Need couple of good pace bowlers.
- CSK : The entire batting lineup is made of middle order guys. No pace bowling presence.
- RCB : Probably the best top-order batting line-up. Good overall team.
- DD : Amateur top-order batting with solid middle order. Has credible bowling attack as well.
By the look of things : SRH, RCB & DD have done really well with RR having a decent squad. KKR, MI, KXIP & CSK have compromised on at-least one of their compartments. Will be interesting to see their point of action tomorrow.
Wanna Know more ?